Request for Invitation - Closed Until 01/Mar/2022
The Request For Invitation (RFI) system is closed at this time. We will begin accepting RFIs on or about February 1st after the Notice of Race has been published and the various annual registration and scoring system updates and enhancements have been completed. In the meantime, we encourage you to review the information below as you prepare your boat and assemble your crew in anticipation of submitting your RFI. NOTE: You are not required to submit an RFI if you have competed as the "Invited Competitor" in one of the previous four Mac races on the same boat - you will automatically be considered for invitation by our system.
In preparation for submitting an RFI, we strongly recommend that you have review these documents (available from the last race) on the website:
- Notice and Conditions of Race (NOR)
- Seamanship & Safety Skills Checklist
- Chicago-Mackinac Safety Regulations (CMSR) - Monohull or Multihull
- ORC Handicap information
These documents outline the requirements of the race for you, your crew, and your boat, and the skills and experience required to compete in an offshore race. Take special note of the minimum stability index requirements for your boat as defined in the NOR. If you have any questions of your boat's eligibility based on the required stability index, please email the CYC staff Regatta Manager at: [email protected]
KEY POINTS TO REMEMBER:
- You, as the "Invited Competitor" must be on the boat for the race (unless excused in writing by the Chief Measurer due to urgent personal or urgent medical issues).
- You must meet the requirements for a "Preliminary Crew List" before your can submit your RFI. The Preliminary Crew List is defined in the NOR, but essentially a minimum of 50% but not less than 5 (for a monohull, 3 for multihull) of your crew (including yourself!) must have completed all the the required fields and executed their online waivers.
- Deadlines are important. Submit your RFI as early as possible, and if invited apply for your handicap certificate as early as possible. Avoid the additional $500.00 Late Entry Fee which applies to all entries that have not submitted all required materials by the Entry Deadline of June 1st.
- When preparing your RFI, keep in mind that in addition to the boat you wish to enter, the Selections Committee focuses on the experience of you and your crew in considering your RFI. Do not be (or allow your crew to be) cavalier when completing the Experience field of the Crew Profiles. Be detailed and specific. What races (especially distance) have you (your crew) competed in, on what boat, in what position, with what results? What other sailing experiences? What training - especially any Safety At Sea courses? Do not neglect the "Number of Nights Over-night Racing or Passage-making" field.
- EXTREMELY IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING EMAIL AND MOBILE PHONES: Your Email Address and Mobile Phone number entered on this page and your crew profile must be used by you personally on a regular basis to send and receive emails and phone calls. You must be reachable at the mobile phone number during pre-race activities and after Finishing until post race activities on the island have concluded. Listing the email address or mobile number of a boat assistant, office assistant, or some other designee is not acceptable, and is considered a gross violation of the NOR. The same is true for each of your crew members. Each email address and mobile number must be unique.
If you have any questions, please email the CYC staff Regatta Manager at: [email protected].
Thank you for your interest in the oldest annual fresh water race in the world. We hope to see you on the starting line!